Sunday 20 November 2011

Scrap Jack & Scrap Crap November Challenge

I haven't had a chance to do a layout for Scrap Jack for a while but with the new awesome designer team layouts this month, I couldn't resist. I decided to jack Dana's layout and while having a sticky around her blog, I also came across this site, Scrap Your Crap. So I have used Dana's LO as a sketch and added the challenge at Scrap Your Crap, which is to use 3 mists or paints. In honor of using 'crap' (makes me laugh) this was a bit of a recycling project. Back in the day, before I had a husband and actually earned decent money, I had quite the penchant for designer clothes. Given that I would pay $200+ for designer jeans and things (yes really), I kept all the tags in a box, so that when they eventually made their way to eBay, I could quote how much I paid, in the hope that I could at least get some of the stupid amounts of money I spent back. The wonderful thing about this is, is that when you spend stupid amounts on clothes, the tags look really really fancy (just to make you feel better about your credit card bill). I found this box of tags on the weekend and pulled out all the fancy (and shameful ones), some of which are on this layout, including spare buttons from some of the tags, the string is from one too and (gulp) that badge...No I don't have tickets on myself, it came with some jeans and just kind of worked with my LO ok lol. I've used Glimmer Mists, Trunk Bay, Black Magic & Slate as well as some paint. Don't you love this paper? A lot of the layered look and some of the mist is printed. It's from Scrap Jack's sponsor this month, Scrap Friends. The brand is called ICC and hadn't heard of it before or could find ANY info on it, but I love it!








This photo was taken at DreamWorld on a family holiday. The essence of it is...I'm a piker. I don't do rides, or junk food, anything noisy, with too many kids, or scary...I just do Mum, who watches, tells them to put on sunscreen, have a toilet break yada yada. In fact, this doesn't just apply to theme parks, I don't swim ( but yes I can if I HAVE to), I have never camped, I don't bush walk, or do sport, I am bloody boring really and NEVER go out of my comfort zone. It is something I would like to change....before I get too old and grumpy lol.

Sorry for the long post, it appears I'm in a talkative mood today lol. TFL xoxo

14 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING!!! Awesome that you scrapped this about you! Those are always the hardest ones to scrap! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that title work and the colors!! GORGEOUS lo! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I do that ALL the time with the tags...he he
    LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE your take on our challenge and how you incorporated the buttons and stuff.
    Thanks so much for playing along at SYC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love how you used ink and mist and the tags are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Jacked and Scrap Your Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LO is fantastic!! love your misting and paint! love your layers with tags, the buttons, the clip! everything just meshes together perfectly! thanks for playing with us at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun layout! Love the title. I can be a bit that way also. I love to sit on the sidelines and take photos. Love your layout. It's so edgy. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the misting and layering on your layout! Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one eye catching layout! You used the misting like a pro and I love all the layering and dimension! Thank you for playing with us at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An awesome layout, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous Georgia...love the misting especially.Love your honesty about not getting out in the world and doing much...go on, be a devil and do it.You won't regret it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh love this!! So much fun stuff to look at!! Great layering and misting!! Thanks for joining us at SYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!!!! Absolutely amazing layout!! Loving everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is BEYOND AMAZING! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing LO! I love it! Thanks for sharing on SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Love all the details of your layout. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Crap!

    ReplyDelete