Friday 27 January 2012

Creative Sketches Sketch Challenge

Oh my I have been a bad blogger haven't I! It feels like ages since I have posted anything and have gotten really behind in checking out everyone's work. I have in fact been very busy creating, just none of it I can reveal right now. I was determined however to get at least one more challenge in before the end of the month, so I spent my Australia Day creating for the fabulous sketch challenge at Creative Sketches. I have used October Afternoon's Sidewalks collection for this one. You wouldn't know just how much I love OA by my work, as it is one of those ranges I have admired from a distance. The uber cool retro feel and kitch motifs tends to lend itself to very a clean and simple style (which for the most part isn't me). However after tackling quite a few 'out of my comfort zone' projects of late, I thought I would keep the normally 'too hard basket' rolling and try to incorporate it to my style of scrapping. Not sure if I pulled it off but it certainly was fun trying!




And in case you are wondering who this somewhat androgynous looking little girl is with the bugs bunny grin...it's me when I was two! TFL xox 

19 comments:

  1. I love this! Great cut work and bright colors. Thanks much for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layering, the girl on the swing is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Georgia!!! Once again another SENSATIONAL Creation......
    all the Layers are FAN FAB U LAS..... Such a Bright & Cheerful layout!!!
    Have a Wonderful weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee that photo and the layers... and loving how you have the little girl hanging off the branch! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Georgia, well i dont know about simple, but this is stunning.. what a precious photo too.. what a cutie you were then.. i love all the layers, and yes this range of papers are so beautiful.. i love this.. everything about it.. totally gorgeous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Georgia, this is amazing! I love the fussy cutting and how you've used the tree branch with the swing. Gorgeous layout and you were a real cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. o Georgia this is fantabulous .... love all of this .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such bright happy colors, and what a FUN layout! I absolutely LOVE the girl on the swing and the little tree limb! So much detail! Just a wonderfully beautiful and fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable page!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so much fun- love your bright colors and that photo---- tooooo cute!! Glad to see you back, Georgia! I've missed your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cutesy page Georgia, those papers are so illustrative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful and vibrant page Georgia.. LOVE all the yummy layering and gorgeous detail!! Weren't you a little cutie!! Have a wonderful week :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the scene you creative and its such a cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT!!! Stunning page and such a cute photo! Love all the layers and you background detail just adds that extra special touch. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Georgia - this is amazing!!! Love this vibrant work!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. U definately pulled it off!! Fantastic LO & a very cute pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow all of these Colors... this is so wonderful... so bright

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! Georgia, I just saw this and....I am in love!!! Oh, you should try more often this diferent style!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete