Wednesday 29 October 2014

Prima Marketing Trend Report


Hey guys :)

Stopping by today to share my latest project for Prima Marketing's monthly trend report feature.



Faux ceramic stag heads seem to be a huge trend in home decor right now and while I have loved them, I always felt they could use a little more 'personality'. So for my stag who started out completly white, I have started with four light coats of Chalkboard paint in Sand, applied with a soft bristle brush. I have then added shading and highlights with Golden Brown and Egg Shell. These paints blend so beautifully! 


I then painted some of my favourite blooms and vines with the Chalkboard paint as well. The thick quality paper used in Prima flowers means they hold their shape perfectly, and almost have a ceramic quality once dry. I finished off with a light coat of 3-D Gloss Gel on my flowers, and a sprinkle of Art Sugar across the vines. Now I just have to give her (?) a name!



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love the feminine touch to the stag! And colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks just wonderful! The flowers are such a nice finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea to put your own twist on it - looks really cool :o)

    ReplyDelete