Sunday 26 January 2014

7 Dots Studio & 13 Arts Challenge


Hey guys :)

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. It's a long weekend here in Australia to celebrate Australia Day and my hubbie has gone hiking. So I've taken the 'less housework to do' opportunity to hunker down in my craft room and have a go at a challenge. This layout is for the 7 Dots Studio (check it out here) & 13Arts (and here) challenges - two of my all time fav manu's :)

So the 7 Dots Studio challenge is to use geometric shapes. I am not the kind of scrapper that has big bold shapes on my layouts so I looked to the paper for inspiration. I've used the gorgeous 9th wave collection which has this cool circle pattern on alot of the papers. I drew inspiration from that and used a Crafter's Workshop Template in reverse on my background along with some Tim Holtz gear stamps & embellishments...





The 13Arts challenge is to use a sketch ( which I rotated) and to also use the word/theme 'Time'. 

I tend to be the type of person that never sets goals as I always fear failing. This year however I have, I figure the only thing worse than failing is not trying and never knowing what if? So right now, is 'My Time' to chase them instead of just waiting to see if they happen.


Thanks for stopping by :)
G xox


22 comments:

  1. Amazing! This is so well put together, loving that cluster of thread under the pic. You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia your lo is absolutly stunning!!! Thank you for joining us at 13arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a stunning lay-out! I love that you turned the sketch and really made it your own! Wonderful work here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, mix of paper and metal embellishment is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon we've got to accept that sometimes failing is part of life...not always bad, just something that happens, then we won't take it as somehow being 'bad' & THEN we won't worry about giving things a go, cos the worst thing that can happen is life taking us in a direction we didn't expect. Oh my! That was at tad philosophical, wasn't it???!!! What I mean is, GOOD ON YOU for getting over the fear & stepping out & GOING for it!!!!
    LOOOOVE this page....signature 'you'....lovely bits & bobs:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this creation! It's a fabulous piece of artwork :) Thank you for playing along with 13 arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your work, it's really successful! zouzou

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is unbelievable!! Glorious work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OWOWOWOWOW! Absolutely stunning Georgia !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Georgia! You know I am a big fun of your work! This is just amazing! Thanks for joining along with 13arts!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this layout is incredible.. amazing details and stamping.. and go for it Georgia.. and I hope you catch all your dreams and live them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Och wow! This is absolutely amazing! Thank you for joing 13 arts challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love almost all your projects!!!
    thanks for playing with us at 13@rts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page my friend, thank you for joining 13 arts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous layout! Lovin' all the layers! Thanks for joining along with 13arts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous Georgia! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous page! Thank you for participating to 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. would love to know how to get such an amazing background. do you have online tutorials ???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning layout!! Thanks for playing with our 7Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing project, Georgia!!! Love the background and all the details))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Georgia - stunning!!! Just stunning!! Difficult to say something more, because I lost words...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing. Thank you for the close ups- I could stare at them for hours... :)

    ReplyDelete