Sunday 16 December 2012

Challenges, Kits & Lifting...


Hey scrap friends!! Hope everyone has had an awesome weekend. I've been getting my scrap on in between some Christmas shopping & housework and have a few bits & pieces to share..

So this layout is my first lift layout. I watched a tutorial video for Prima on the weekend by an amazing Polish scrapper, Czekoczyna. Her style is just out of this world and I think she is going to be on every 'to die for' design team very soon!! So my layout was based loosley around some of her techniques, quite different layout really but the same sort of design, layering and the same Prima stamp...I have added some washi & paper tape, plus some gesso. She uses quite a bit of mist, I have never been a big fan of mist and prefer paint but have added 2 little squirts =) This is her video. And as this is a lift, it's a 'just because' layout....





This is the first tut I have actually watched!! Occasionally I will see a technique on someone's work that I love, I will try and nut out how they did it myself so I can put my own spin on it. I think it is really important to be able to try and develop your own style without trying to imitate someone else's too much. Especially when doing design teams, publishing and entering challenges.  I have seen an increasing amount of not just 'influenced by' but direct copies of other people's work right down to the exact same products, composition and even style of photo and it makes me feel really uncomfortable/angry to think that someone has put so much time and effort into creating something just for someone else to recreate it and pass it off as 'their own' without even the slightest shout out to the original designer. Not right is it? 

So anyway, this layout was created with the 'Love Song' kit from Paper Stories along with some Prima flowers from my stash..


And speaking of kits, we had another new kit release over the weekend at Paper Stories and here are a few of my layouts from the kit..

This layout is for Stuck Sketches, I put the sketch upside down and did a little shuffling to get the balance right...






And this one is for the sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy....




And this is the kit I used, 'Going My Way'...



Thanks for stopping by =)
G xox

33 comments:

  1. love your papers kits and love your work, you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Czeko but to me your works are also out of this world..Amazing!!! I love your bold designs but this vintage project really caught my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the first layout is just stunning, Georgia. Love the colours, textures & fab background work...Love it all really! the next 2 are amazing too...fabulous mix of colours with awesome layers & background work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if its a lift you've made it yours:):):) I haven't noticed copying like you..but I guess it's out there. Bit rough when some one has done something unique if it gets "stolen" like that. Had a discussion with Em Stafrace about now far artistic licence can go. It's a tricky one!!!!!! LOVE your bright page with the flouro jacket, too ....I get lots of inspiration from your pages.....thank you:):):))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow.. these are stunning..really amazing, love the stamping and layered strips, always am intrigued and inspired by your creations.. and I think we all take elements from what we see from others layouts, but to copy it as closely as using the same products same design, and say it is your own is wrong I think... we all pick up on the trends and use them, the manufacturers hope we do or they wouldn't have much business! I hope to find some time this week between cooking and tidying up to get in and do some scrapping.. didn't get much done last week!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are all STUNNING!! I always LOVEEEEEEEE how you layer and the colors!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning LOs, and i am SO with you about lifting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love all the layers and the total look of all your layouts!
    Wonderful work! Thanks for joining the Sketch Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again G!! your layouts are INCREDIBLE & OH! SO! Inspirational...
    YEAH! I agree with the lifting stuff.... like you have said before similarities are OK.. BUT! everything thing exact.. NOT right AT ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow amazing LOs truly fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully done, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, excellent job on your layouts! Fabulous takes on the sketches! Love, love your beautiful lift. You really did make it your own! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Georgia! You are so sweet every time you visit my blog... Thank you.

    Your work IS cream of the crop!!!
    YOU are inspiring and your work is just pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowowowow I adore that first layout your layers are just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the sketch! Love your pp choices and your use of washi tapes. Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous creations Georgia. I always enjoy visiting you on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, absolutely amazing creations! I always love to see what you have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work Georgia and I love the new kit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are on fire. Love your lift, very soft and feminine and then onto your bold bright pages. Love your style and just love how you place everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabulous work - I always love seeing your creations. I'm going to check out the link for the video - it's nice to take inspiration from others and then put your own spin on it - I think it's important to have your own style and stick with it - something I try to do. There are many amazing artists out there who so willingly share - not something we should take advantage of. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What fabulous lo's! Love all of them! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - absolutely gorgeous layouts! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both your projects are absolutely amazing. I love your style! So many interesting details and layers. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is sooo beautiful. I love your works and it's so great my video inspired you. Thank you for sharing :*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic pages, and the kit looks amazing! You have an eye for striking color combos, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pages! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. AMAZING layouts! They are all so stunning. I am just blown away by them. Thanks for playing along with LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your layouts are all absolutely beautiful! Amazing job!! Thanks for playing at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely stunning layouts - all of them! Congrats on being chosen as our Feature Artist. Your style is so lovely. Can't wait to see more from you. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete